Find Jean Shrimpton Biography Wiki like Jean Shrimpton age height weight find information about her physical appearance career family husband personal life favourite things net worth and much more
Jean Rosemary Shrimpton is an English model and actress. She was an icon of Swinging London and is considered to be one of the world’s first supermodels. She appeared on numerous magazine covers including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Elle, Ladies’ Home Journal, Newsweek, and Time.
Jean Shrimpton Wiki/Biography
- Name – Jean Rosemary Shrimpton
- Full Name – Jean Rosemary Shrimpton
- Nick Name – Jean, Jean Cox, The Shrimp, Jeannie Shrimpton
- Profession – Model, Actress, Hotel Owner and Innkeeper, Antique Shop Owner, Antique Dealer
- Gender – Female
- Birthday – November 07, 1942
- Age – 78 Years (as in 2021)
- Birth Place – High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
- Zodiac/Sun Sign – Scorpio
- Religion – Christianity
- Residence – Surrey, England, United Kingdom
- Nationality – English
- Famous As – Model, Actress, Hotel Owner and Innkeeper, Antique Shop Owner, Antique Dealer
Jean studied at St Bernard’s Convent School, Slough. Later, at the age of 17, she joined Langham Secretarial College.
Jean Shrimpton Physical Stats & More
- Build – Slim
- Height – 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
- Weight – 53 kg or 120 lbs
- Race / Ethnicity – White
- Hair Color – Light Brown
- Eye Color – Blue
- Sexual Orientation – Straight
- Siblings – Chrissie Shrimpton (Younger Sister) (Model, Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jean has dated –
- David Bailey (1960-1964)
- Terence Stamp
- Michael Cox (1979) – She and photographer Michael Cox got married to one another in 1979. The couple has a child named Thaddeus (b. 1979). She and her husband own the Abbey Hotel in Penzance that they bought in the year 1980.
Jean Shrimpton Facts
- She was raised on a farm alongside her younger sister Chrissie.
- Jean began modeling at the age of 17.
- She made her debut theatrical film appearance as Vanessa in Privilege in 1967.
- During the ’60s, she was known as the symbol of Swinging London.
- In 1963, Jean was named “Model of The Year” by Glamour.
- Over the years, Jean has appeared on the cover of various magazines including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Elle, Ladies’ Home Journal, Newsweek, and Time.
- Harper’s Bazaar named her one of their 26 “Best Models of All Time” in 2009. Later, in 2012, Time magazine was listed Jean on its “All-TIME 100 Fashion Icons”.
- It was Jean’s work with photographer David Bailey that helped her make a big break in the modeling industry.
- At the peak of her modeling career, Jean was known as the “world’s highest-paid model”, “most famous model”, and also the “most photographed model in the world” amongst the many other titles. Besides that, it was also her fringe hairstyle that was much sought to in the ’60s.
- Jean once stated that she had a pet pony named Ricky.
- In the past, Jean was named Channel 5‘s “World’s greatest supermodel”.